Thursday, September 27, 2012

Chapters and changes


Did you ever wake up one morning of your every day life routine and realize you're at a stage of life you've looked forward to for years? 

That happened to me this morning.

Husband leaned down in a shirt and tie and kissed my sleepy forehead goodbye as he left for the day.

As I rolled over to catch another hour of sleep, a wave of emotion hit me.  I've never been happier.

I remember my first day of kindergarten.  Mom fluffed up my 90's bangs as I ran through the front door to catch the school bus with all the big kids.  I remember looking at them and thinking how excited I was to be like them.  For years I had played 'school' with my sisters and we giggled with fake 'homework' assignments, excited to learn and progress like the big kids.  

That chapter had come in my life. 

New chapters followed:  
When I owned my first giga-pet :)
My first sleepover.
When I turned 8 and was baptized. 
The first time I was able to walk to the store by myself.
When I started middle school.
When I wore makeup for the first time.
My first high school football game.
My first dance.
Graduation.
My first day living in my own apartment.  
My first ambulance run.
My first day on the mission.
The day I flew home.
Being sealed to my best friend.

Now I look forward to starting our own family someday, and continuing to have all our firsts together.

I was overwhelmed this morning though with a different concept. 

 Joy in today.

I'm so grateful for parents who taught me to not be so consumed in looking forward to the next chapter that I'm not loving today. They taught me to also look backward and appreciate where you've been.  Recognize the example you are for others.  But more than anything, to take a good look at today.  To enjoy where I am and how excited I've been to get here. 

Today, I am so incredibly happy.

Love you Hub.

-Wifey

No comments:

Post a Comment