Tuesday, September 18, 2012

best friend

I woke up this morning and checked my email to do a few things for work.  While it was loading I made myself some apple butter toast. :) Matt and I are addicted now.  You will be too.  Cracker Barrel changed us.

When I flipped to a news-feed I found multiple articles challenging the existence of God.  This one in particular.  The arguer expressed some powerful opinions that I'm sure many round the world were nodding their heads to.  He went on to express that there was no God, that deity was a fiction that people ignorant to science and facts came up with to satisfy their need to understand.

I felt a knot in my stomach and wondered why.  I've heard many express their opinions before and I don't take offense to any.  I know maybe some reading this or many close to me don't believe all the same things I do.  I love you all the same, no matter the ground we stand on.

But what hit me so deeply was wondering how my life would be different without this man.  I could no sooner deny the existence of my Savior than I could my own mother.  I cannot and will not deny the life and message of my best friend, after He has been there so much for me.  I know faith can sound like a foolish thing.  But it is not ignorance.  It's not something I made up.  It's something I found in my searching.  By years of asking questions, pondering, and researching.  I love science.  I crave to learn constantly.  But to me it proves nothing more than the existence of a higher being. 

I look back at my life and my challenges, however small they may be compared to those of others going through more than me.  Regardless, there are some mornings He is my motivator to get out of bed.  In my darkest moments where no other soul has been with me, He was there.  And whenever the future seems hard to bear, He is in it.

He is my anchor.
He gives me the peace I need every day.
He gives me hope.
He gives me eyes to see the good in every day.
He is my best friend.

He is yours.

And I could never deny that I KNOW He exists.  

No comments:

Post a Comment