Saturday, July 20, 2013

resting

so, after a few busy weeks of settling in, i ended up hearing words from the doc i dreaded were coming.
bedrest.
at least until my body decides to stop contracting and bring this lil babe here earlier than it's supposed to.  
i was hoping those words wouldn't come, because i know there is so much to do, so many ways to help. 
 but i guess there are lessons i'm supposed to learn.
 i'm trying to have a positive attitude about it.
i'm almost completely caught up on editing, and slowing down is helping me to appreciate the little things a little more.
in the mean time, here's a little of what we've been up to since the big move:
girls camp
 my most frequent patients.  ticks, stitches, we had a good time :)
i loved getting to hang out with my cute niece.  it's nice to become friends and really get to know each other.

youth conference
i got to be an efy counselor.  i was amazed at the strength of the youth here.  they are and always will be examples to me.
and, most importantly, family
 i got to meet my new adopted german o-ma, and aunt evie
and i'm learning it's little memories like these that we will take with us wherever we end up.
we're grateful for our time here.  i can't believe how many wonderful people i've met, who've seemed to always have had a place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment