Friday, August 30, 2013

little miss

HELLO BEAUTIFUL GIRL
we finally were able to get a good glimpse of you at our ultrasound last week and now get to prepare to have a sweet little princess.
I’m so excited to meet you.
I was also the oldest and a girl, and so I feel a special bond with you.  Like somehow, I’ll understand what you’re going through slightly more than any of our children to come. 
I love feeling your kicks, wiggles, and tickles.  I always rest my hand wherever yours is reaching, as if you can tell that I’m reaching back, that I’m here, and I love you.
I hope we can be the very best of friends.  I hope that you always feel you can talk to me and that my arms can be haven for you.  I hope to live worthy of the example I’ll set for you, and the role I’ll play in your life. I know I’m not perfect, and I have so much to learn, but I hope that I can be the mommy you deserve.
I can’t wait to have a little sidekick.  Someone to have tea parties with, someone to bake cookies with, to twirl in dresses with, someone to talk to about whatever is on our minds, to dream of prince charmings with, and get tucked in to bed by the best one of all, your daddy. 

You already love him so much.  Anytime he starts to talk to me in the morning when we wake up or at night when he gets home, you kick and wiggle and twirl to let us know how excited you are.  You really love his voice.
I’ve started attempting to sew and want to get everything ready and just right so you know how much we love you and how excited we are.  I can’t believe you’ll be here in a matter of weeks! You’re wiggling as I type .
I love you already, my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment