Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesdays

Most people don't look forward to wednesdays.  Wednesday can be that ugly day in the middle of the week signifying you're barely half-way through.  However, Wednesdays are some of my absolute favorite days.  :) Reason being, I work at an incredible facility called the missionary training center.  Every Wednesday the parking lot is extra full, and as I'm walking in to work I remember why.  Proud parents stand embracing their now-grown child for a 'see you later' that will change their lives.  They trust their children to Heavenly Father's hands as they see them eye to eye for the last time in 1 1/2 to 2 years.  You forget how long that really is until it's you.

The thing that I'm lucky enough to see every week that parents, family, friends, and loved ones miss after that goodbye is where those missionaries go.  It's not a black abiss, though on the other side it can sometimes feel that way.  They come to us.  And we get the incredible blessing of helping them struggle, learn, and grow for the next few months before they hit the field worldwide.  We get the tremendous, sacred responsibility of being a sort of first parent away from the incredible parents they just said goodbye to.  We get to be Heavenly Father's hands in helping them gain their footing in their newfound special calling.  And they become a part of the family in your heart forever.
Well, today is Wednesday. :) And today 5 elders and 4 sisters will become my new family.  I love looking out my window and watching the embraces, knowing soon they'll be walking through the doors to the other side of this incredible journey! :)
I absolutely cannot wait to meet them.
To moms and dads..... I promise we will take good care of them. 
I promise HE will take good care of them. :)
Hasta ver!

No comments:

Post a Comment